By booking ahead – you reserve the pitch you need and have the Access Code ready upon arrival. Having the access code ready will enable you to easily enter the campsite and access the facilities without any delays. We recommend booking in advance to guarantee your desired pitch and a seamless experience during your stay.
NOTE: For same-day reservations online, you must book before midnight. If arriving after midnight without a reservation please call the service number for assistance
Here are the instructions for check-in and entering the camping and RV area:
- Arrival and Departure:
- The camping and RV area is open from 1 pm on the day of arrival until 11 am on the day of departure.
- If you have pre-booked online, late check-in is possible.
- Booking and Reservation:
- Enter the desired date of arrival and the total number of people (age 15+).
- You can choose between booking a pitch at the Tent Area for tents and small campers or three types of pitches in the RV area, with or without electricity.
- You will receive two separate emails: a. Booking confirmation and useful travel information. Please have your reservation number ready to show the staff. b. Unique Access code: You will receive a 4-digit access code followed by a #. This code is used to open the locked gate to the areas and the service facilities (WC/Showers, kitchen and lounge, laundry).
- RV Area:
- The pitches in the RV area are marked according to type and not numbered. Please choose the type of pitch you have booked.
- Ensure that your car and/or caravan hook face forward, towards the road.
- Safety and Security:
- The campsite staff is available throughout the day, and security guards are present in the evening and night.
- Active CCTV cameras are in place for added security.
- In case of emergencies or if you require police assistance, dial 112.
- Please drive carefully within the campsite premises.
- The reception is located at Dalur HI Hostel & Cafe, which is next door to the campsite.
- If you require assistance outside the campsite reception’s opening hours, please all the service phones and reach us : (+354) 5538110.
- For same-day reservations online, you must book before midnight. If arriving after midnight without a reservation please call the service number
We hope you have a pleasant stay at the Reykjavik Campsite. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Reykjavik Campsite – Rules
To ensure a pleasant and enjoyable stay, we kindly ask that you familiarize yourself with the following. Failure to comply with these rules may result in expulsion from the campsite.
- Area A is designated for caravans, both with and without electricity, while Area B serves as a campground and parking area for campers who do not require electricity.
- Reuse / Reduce / Recycle – Kindly sort your waste accordingly and make use of our swap shelf where you can leave items that can be reused by other travelers. Let’s all do our part to minimize our environmental footprint.
- Quiet hours are in effect from midnight onwards. Please be mindful of the noise level during this time to ensure a peaceful environment for everyone.
- Pets are allowed, but it is important to clean up after them.
- No open fires.
- No Illegal Drugs or Excessive Alcohol Consumption in public areas.
- Stay safe! – We prioritize the safety of all our guests and depend on everyone´s cooperation. Please take the necessary precautions and keep your belongings secure. Please utilize the lockers provided as needed and follow all posted safety guidelines provided.
- In case of an emergency, contact the nearest staff member or call emergency services immediately.
At the Campsite, we adhere to strict rules set by the Icelandic Fire Authorities to prevent injuries, loss of life, and damage to property.
- A Fire Rescue Plan is accessible to all guests.
- There should be a minimum distance of 1.8 meters between small campers. For larger Caravans, a minimum distance of 4 meters should be observed.
- Note that the use of awnings, canopies, or tents is not allowed in Area A.
- We request that caravans be positioned with their tow hooks facing forward, towards the road. That allows for convenient access and efficient connection if required. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please be aware that failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the campsite can result in expulsion.
If you need assistance during your time here, please don´t hesitate to ask. Have a wonderful time!